Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My Top 5 Fall Must Have Shoes


With Fall right around the corner, ::queue the angelic voices:: I have already begun to make rearrangements in my closet from summer to fall pieces, cataloging my wardrobe, and making sure I have my must haves for the fall.
So how do you know what shoes make the cut for a must have? Everyone will be different dependent on your personal style and comfort level when it comes to heels vs. flats, colors, and styles of shoes.  I have compiled my list of my must have shoes for the fall that will be a great winter transition based on my style and what I like to wear, but also taking in consideration the seasonal temperature, textures, and colors.
Fall is full of rich, earthy colors. Greens, browns, burnt Orange, mustard yellows, wood colors, raspberry, and of course your classic Black and Tan. The right shade of these colors, the right materials and textures, style of the shoe can take you into the next season effortlessly, so choose wisely.
First, I would like to recommend you take inventory of what is in your closet; be it mental or organizational w/ apps like My Fashion Closet. This will help remind you of what articles of clothing you have in your closet, and what you have the most color of.
Second, shop your closet for your fall must haves. Chances are you won’t have to purchase anything because you had these items in your closet all along. If you don’t have a particular item, and are willing and able to purchase it, take note somewhere as a reminder of what to get so you’re not aimlessly shopping and trying to remember what it is you went out for.
Third, go forth, and conquer! You are now officially ready for the fall!!!
 
 My Top Fall Picks
1:  A suede or leather open-toe sandal: Particularly one with a thicker strap across the toes. Reason being, it is the fall and it’s going to be time to close up and hide those feet (but still taking care of them), the thicker strap can give an illusion of a close toe or a peep toe. The thicker strap also pairs well with your favorite opaque tights. Being that I am OOC (out of control), I got a leather pair and a suede pair for the fall. ::Kanye Shrug::

2: A Printed Flat: let’s face it; we all need a cute pair of flats. I think this fall, patterns are way in, so punch up your fall fave with your favorite print. When choosing my print of choice, it was a no-brainer: ANIMAL PRINT!! Fall is football season, and my team is the Jacksonville Jaguars (I’m all In), so I will be wearing my shoes for the home team, pairing them with a jewel toned skinny jean, or with a cute simple black dress.

3: Tall, Flat boots: here I am with the flats again, but for the fall, a tall, flat boot is a must have. The fall comes with many activities; Fall festivals, county fairs, and football games. For the sake of not breaking my neck or ruining a pair of high heels in animal poo, opt for a tall flat boot.


4: Black patent leather peep toes: Very specific description for a must-have and it doesn’t give much room for variation, but a definite must have (for me). Try and opt for a wooden or faux-wooden heel for a more fun, fall friendly look. The wooden heel brings an earthier feel to the shoe, therefore making it more fall appropriate. These are actually a great summer-fall shoe because of the wood. And since I shopped my closet first, when that first day of winter hits, I have a solid black shoe, to replace this must have.

5: Suede and Jewel Tone: Jewel tones rule the fall!! Colors such as mustard, royal blue, kelly green, grape, and raspberry. Pick your favorite color and rock it with errythang! For a more transitional look, opt for a closed round toe pump.

And my wildcard for the fall (come on, you didn’t really expect me to just stick to 5 did you?)

                                                             TIMBERLANDS!
Join me in my Timberland in 2012 campaign for the boot of the fall and let’s bring them back!!
Click here to see the campaign stragety---> http://shoes-with-a-view.blogspot.com/2012/08/my-campaign-for-2012s-fave-boot-is.html


@Beauty84Brains
@ShoesWithAView

6 comments:

  1. Hey! So happy to finally visit your blog! I need help. I have a one shoulder knee length dress that's grey. It was an impulse buy at a good deal and I figured it would be a good wear to a holiday party. What shoes would you reccomend for a flowy, semi-shiny grey dress?

    Thanks!

    -An old friend from Calculus class at FAM :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking it out! for the dress, without knowing what it is made of and the texture of the dress, I would pair it with A black suede pump of some sort; A round toe or a round toe with a t-strap to be more festive. The suede will neutralize the shine in the dress. If you want to do a color option, (and again depending on the shade of grey, material, and texture) Royal blue (or something rich in the blue family), pairs well with grey. I hope that helps! Happy shoppping!!!

      Delete
    2. Let me know what option you choose if you do wear the ress for the holidays! I know who you are!

      Delete
    3. Ok, thanks! LOL I'll keep the blue in mind :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a link to the dress- http://www.target.com/p/women-s-one-shoulder-rosette-chiffon-dress-core-colors/-/A-13696352

    ReplyDelete