Wednesday, August 29, 2012

All That Glitters

...should be worn NOW!

I would like to start by first saying that the premier of the movie Sparkle was my inspiration for this next fall favorite.  I haven’t actually seen the movie;  My thought process stopped when I heard the name of the film. Sparkle, ohhh. Glitter. Glitter shoes. I’m going to incorporate glitter shoes into my fall wardrobe. Yes. Go me.
Yes, that was my thought process. 
Normally, I reserve rockin’ my glitter shoes for the holidays, December to be exact, but why not incorporate that sparkle earlier than usual. Glitter shoes are pretty much a necessity for every woman; you should have at least one pair of shoes in your possession. Again, because I’m OOC, I have a few.
Glitter shoes give you chance to bring your inner Glam out for no reason.  Now, wearing a glitter shoe isn’t that difficult when trying to incorporate it into your everyday wear. All Glitter is are tiny pieces of different metals like aluminum and iron painted metallic to be reflective. The fact that it is reflective works to your advantage, use the different colors your glitter shoe reflects and match it up. A multicolor Glitter shoe is by far the best to play with when it comes to incorporating into your wardrobe and can be worn with so much.
This Louboutin can be worn with Indigos, Reds, emerald green, black...the list goes on...
 The most common color for glitter shoes are gold. Treat the gold like your nude shoe when trying to place it with a particular outfit. Remember, nude comes in different shades, so choose according to the color gold in your glitter.
          These Stella McCartney's are giving me everything I need right now in a glitter shoe.
These are my go-to for glitter shoes. I'll be quick to throw these on with some dark denim.



This season will be a good one to find booties in Glitter as well. 
Have a bold, Jewel tone glitter shoe? Match it just like you would your normal jewel tone shoe.
 
Black
 
Pewter/Silver
This is also a good way to get more use out of that shoe you wore to your best friends wedding (see above) I wore these in Cynthia's wedding :) but I also wore them to work with some black cigarette leg pants and a blazer.
 
 I mean….the term glitter is slang for superficial Glamour. Get Glam girl and show them what you got! Glitter shoes command attention. Wear a pair to work one day and see the reactions and comments you get. (if you are doing it right, that is). The key with wearing it right is to keep everything else in your outfit neutral. Not color wise, but be careful with certain patterns and textures with glitter shoes. The glitter is already adding texture and a different color element to the outfit.
I will advise to please, please, PLEASE choose your glitter shoe carefully, because of the sparkle, it’s not hard to look a hot, tacky mess. Glitter and Glitter don’t mix. so just because your shirt has glitter on it, doesn’t mean this is the opportunity to wear your glitter shoes. No, put them down. You are not in elementary school.

Oh, I know there was a movie called Glitter, but because I love Mariah Carey, I try not to think of that movie.
With all that being said, Go sparkle baby

@beauty84brains
@ShoesWithAView

No comments:

Post a Comment