Monday, August 20, 2012

Sneaker Wedges

Sneaker Wedges
Isabel Morant started it. Now, Giuseppe Zanotti is doing it. Marc Jacobs is doing it. Jeffery Campbell is doing it. Steve Madden is doing it. Hell, even Nike is doing it. What is it that all of these well-known designers (and plenty of others not as well known) are doing you ask? They are all producing 2012’s biggest shoe trend; the Sneaker wedge.
Isabel Morant was dubbed the Queen of casual cool by Lucky Magazine, and one look of the “willow” and you will see why.
                                                Beyonce in an all black pair of Willow's
                                                          In the "Love on Top" Video

The wedge heel keeps your outfit casual, with just the right amount of cool to keep you looking fab. ::I swear Morant snuck into my dreams, mind freaked me, and created a pair of shoes that I have always dreamed about, and birthed the uber-trendy Willow.
Now, I’m not big on trends and Trendy shoes. If you look at the shoes I own, they are pretty much your basic styles. That is because good style never goes out of fashion.  I NEVER owned Melissas, I never owned any of the “sneaker heels” (y’all remember from around 2002 ish), and I don’t own a pair of, nor do I plan on making a purchase, of the Heel-less heels (although those are pretty dope). The fact of the matter is that they are all too trendy for me. If that’s your thing, like I always say “Do you Boo”. If you know me, I’m not a sneakers kind of chick. I own a single pair, and I work out in them. Sad. The story changed when I saw the sneaker Wedges. God literally answered my prayers with this one.
Now….these are not to be confused with the Nike and Jordan heels that spam your facebook walls,…. not only do those not exist…they are hideous.
The REAL Nike Heels-Dunks-Sky Hi Floral
*These were supposed to be my first pair, but they have been on backorder for over a month @ Nordy's. (Nordstrom)


 First of all, a sneaker and a “stiletto” heel do not mix. The point is to have a sneaker that still looks like a sneaker, with a more feminine edge to it. (Sneaker + Feminine Edge = Sneaker Wedge)A wedge is a perfect fit for the sneaker. Sneakers are meant for comfort and easy walking, and wedges, our gateway heel, give the wearer more balance by evenly distributing your weight when walking. They come in all sorts of styles and fabrics, so even though they are a trendy shoe, you can still fit it into your personal style. Typically, the heel is a 3’’ wedge, so you aren’t really high up. The sneaker wedge comes either with a hidden wedge,
                                                   
                                                       Hidden wedge in Suede
 or a visible wedge,
                                                   Visible wedge in Leather

... all to your preference (I prefer the wedge to be hidden; it gives the appearance of a more unified shoe and a more sneaker-like look. This shoe has received  lot of mixed reviews. They range from being absolutely fabulous and innovative, to being pointless, to downright ugly. I sincerely believe of all of the trends out there, this is the one that the masses can pull off. No matter what your shoe size (Vanessa), or your height, or your comfort level with high heels. This trend has it all.

Well Isabel Morant, ….I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your creation ::round of applause::  However, the $755 price tag is another story. I can’t fade it, and because I stay in my lane, I purchased the Steve Madden Hamlit for $90 (after a 30% online discount)….So I guess I still technically own one pair of sneakers….::shrugs:: Oh well…

The picture really doesn't do it for these shoes. They are pretty Bad Ass. Just saying.
@Beauty84Brains
@ShowsWithAView

No comments:

Post a Comment